Every so often, I want chocolate. I have really gotten away from sweets (for the most part, heh, heh) but I sometimes crave chocolate. I have created this recipe because, I have to pick and choose when I eat dairy and the dairy-free chocolate I find in stores usually has sugar alcohols in it, which does not agree with me at all. My dairy-free, gluten-free chocolate is pretty darn good and you can make it dark chocolate or milk chocolate by reducing or increasing the sweeteners. I use a combination of honey and maple syrup because the flavor is superior to using just one or the other. But you can use just one if desired. The recipe below is for milk chocolate.
Homemade Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate
- 2/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey Add more for milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup Add more for milk chocolate
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Heaping
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla optional
- 1/4 Cup Cashews or any combination of nuts (Optional) Leave whole or crush them as desired.
- In a bowl, add the coconut oil. Melt in microwave for 10 seconds on 80%. Repeat until coconut oil is melted but not completely liquid. You can place it in a bowl on top of a pot of hot water to melt without the microwave if desired.Add all other ingredients and mix until smooth.Spread into a cake pan lined with parchment paper or add to chocolate truffle mold pan.Place in freezer to set, about 15 minutes.
For variety, you can add almonds (as shown), coconut flakes, orange zest or chili powder.
So simple. So delicious!